Tuesday 31 January 2017

EMPTIES: January 2017

From this month onwards I'm trying a new way of arranging the empties: sorting them out by categories rather than listing them individually. Hopefully this way it's faster for me to write up and gives you a better picture of what I've used up in a month.

Sheet masks:
 I used up more sheet masks this month than I ever did in any month before this, due to my face doing a 180 almost overnight and becoming so dry that my skin threatens to shrink from my face. I need all the hydration I can get!

Oil:
SO glad to see the back of this bottle. It so old and gross. I remember my mum buying it and for some reason I'm the only one who even used it. I used a few drops on wetted cotton pads to cleanse my makeup.  The worst thing is that it took FOREVER to use up. Ugh.

Sunscreen:
 I literally used this much sunscreen in a month, but to be fair I was applying it to both my face and body, and it's not that expensive and it's better to use too much than too little when it comes to sunscreen anyway!

Vitamin C:
They're really good vitamin C serums, I bought the second bottle of the one on the right but I don't think I'll repurchase the bottle on the left. I'm currently trying another vitamin C serum but this one has all the elements of a stable vitamin C formula (vitamin C is known for oxidising very quickly): no-water formula, airtight pump and dark bottles.

Body Scrub:
I also go through body scrubs very quickly. I used this up in just over a month or something. I am just really addicted to having and keeping my smooth skin, with no rough flaky patches or something. My feet in particular is very susceptible to that.

Foaming Cleanser:
I kind of like the smell of this, it's mild. and I like the mild scrubbing thingies in this, but a cleanser is a cleanser IMO, so whatever.

Face Cream:
In conjunction with sheet masks I also blew through a prodigious amount of face cream, to relieve the aforementioned retinyl palmitate-induced dryness. I had some of these jars for several months, back when my skin was combination-oily because I felt like i had enough oil on my face and didn't need this. I'm glad I kept them! This month marked the first time since I can remember (probably ever?) that I bought a full-sized proper face cream because I actually need it.

 Eye Cream:
Free stuff I got from buying some Innisfree stuff at some point. It's okay, nothing special.

Hydrators, toners, essences, serums:
forgot to include this in the photo above.
Yes yes I still need all the hydration I can get. My face is VERY thirsty! It demands hydration!  Speaking of which I may need another skin/essence/hydrating serum or five SOON, because the only basic ones I have (that aren't supposed to be doing other things like whitening/anti-aging) are for oily skin.

Setting Spray:
It's not strictly a setting spray. It's good I guess but I'm still new to the world of facial sprays and mists, so I'm still not sure what the hype is all about. Maybe I will understand after I try a few more sprays.

 Clay Mask:
It feels nice and tingly when I use it but I probably won't buy the full size version of it.

Make up:
Just. No.

No comments:

Post a Comment