Wednesday 18 January 2017

Palette of the Month: Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette


I didn't want to get this palette for a long time.  It was super hyped up by all those YouTube influencers and beauty gurus touting that this is one of their holy grail neutral/brown palettes, and as someone who loves neutral eyeshadows I didn't entirely agree.  Sure it has lots of browns but it has this one weird pink (which was so off-putting looking and made me not want to get this for a long time), purple and many of the neutral shades can be classified as green or burgundy.

I'm pleasantly surprised how much it's growing on me.  The shades that looked kind of crazy on the palette actually come off very subtle - for example, the large cream coloured eyeshadow and the pink come off very sheer and the green and burgundy looks more neutral brown on the lid.

As for the texture, it's very pigmented and intense and it's not as powdery, so there's not much fallout with this palette. It's a welcome relief since the eyeshadows I used before, like Lorac and Urban Decay eyeshadows are prone to tons of fallout.

No comments:

Post a Comment