Saturday 4 March 2017

Baby Foot peeling pictures (WARNING: pictures of foot peeling and dead skin!!)

A couple of months ago I bought Baby Foot, because I had some really stubborn patches of dead skin on my feet that just looks patchy and dry, and despite regular (2x a week) use of body scrubs in the shower and moisturising, they don't seem to really go away.  I've read great things about Baby Foot and about how well they obliterate even the most hardcore callouses and rough patches.  I also saw pics of molting feet and they're so gross and wonderful and decided that I had to have it, so when I saw that it was on sale in a local department store so I bought it.

Baby Foot is this foot peeling mask that comes in a form of a pair of plastic socks filled with a strong AHA gel, and just before you want to use you cut the top of the socks open and put your clean feet in there, and let them marinate for about 1.5 hours (the instructions said 30 minutes I think, but I left it for 1.5 hours and it was fine).

I'm going to hide the rest of this post behind a cut because I don't want your eyes to be unexpectedly/unwantedly assaulted by pictures of peeling feet and piles of resulting skin flakes, so if you want to see them, feel free to read on



The gel was so strong that after a while, my whole room started to smell like rotten apples. Yikes. Nothing happened to my feet for a few days and I was kind of freaking out. Then this happened:


 At first I was able to peel long sheets of my skin from my feet, but as time goes on the shed skin becomes finer.

Let me tell you, it's SUPER fun and entertaining and addictive to peel the skin off my feet. It sounds so gross I KNOW but I can't resist!! Don't judge me!

This is my foot in the middle of the peeling process. I took it just to send to my boyfriend. Poor guy XD...
I was molting!

These are a part of my collection. Ok I know I'm going to sound even weirder than I already do to you but I collected my skin flakes in a bag just for this purpose. This isn't even all of it because a lot of my skin was shed as I was doing my normal activities and I just swept them and put them in the trash because it's mixed with other dust as well. I also deleted the last pic which was just a few shreds, but still.  So yeah, needless to say I needed to sweep the floor a whole lot in the last two weeks.


I also read a lot of reviews and user experience blogs on Baby Foot and other foot peeling masks.  I learned a lot of tips about how to ensure a deeper peel:
  • Soak feet with warm water before using the socks
  • Leave the socks on for longer than is stated on the directions (which I did, yay!)
  • Soak feet every day after using and you'll peel faster and more beautifully.
  • Avoid oil-based moisturisers and use sunscreen on feet!
Now my peeling phase has ended and I'm left with much smoother feet than I ever had since....my age was single digit!  But they're still not done, though.  Even though the rough patches on my second toe and side of my feet are gone, I still have a few calloused areas on the balls of my feet.

I will definitely repurchase in a while, and this time I will incorporate the tips I learned to boost its efficacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment